I recently participated in a package exchange and instead of wrapping my gifts with wrapping paper and tissue, I decided to wrap it with my own furoshiki. Since they are reusable, the furoshiki that I used to wrap the gifts with becomes a gift itself! Furoshikis are so easy to make. For mine, I used a basic table napkin tutorial. Click the link or the image below to check out my easy tutorial!
- 18 inch square of fabric
- steam iron
- tape measure or ruler
- sewing machine
- Start off by ironing the fabric.
- Measure about an inch around the farbic. Fold and press.
- Fold the edges in half and press again.
- For smoother corners, trim the corners of the fabric as shown in photo.
- Fold the corners in and press the edges back in place.
- Sew the folded edges in place.