It's quite safe to say that I enjoy old school snail mail but with all the technological advancements and conveniences, snail mail is "slowly" dying (No pun intended!). Having said just that, my mailbox has been deprived of a good package lately. I'm sure other mailboxes out there are feeling the same way. My mailbox's diet has mostly been weekly flyers and credit card offers. We all know that junk is bad for any diet so let's help each other out by signing-up in...
Through my other blog, Old School Cool, I organized a small group of people last year who were interested in exchanging packages and feeding mailboxes with awesome random goodies. I thought it was a success. Well, I definitely had fun! This year, I'm opening our mailboxes to International participants! Here are the details:
- Interested participants can sign-up below. Sign-up is open until August 20, 2011. Should you change your mind, please send me a note or leave a comment before the sign-up period ends.
- After the sign-up period, everyone will be randomly matched up with their P.E.P. partner. You will receive information about your P.E.P. partner on August 22, 2011. To keep things fair, please note that once you've been matched, you are "committed" to send out a package. No one wants an empty mailbox!
- The theme for this package exchange is... THE SECRET GARDEN! This is definitely open to interpretation! You can send out garden/floral themed accessories, clothing, candies, paper ephemera, handmade crafts, kitschy knick-knacks... Anything! You can even send items that are connected to the actual book.
- Packages should have at least 5 different items. Total dollar amount doesn't matter but please, as a courtesy to your partner, send things you yourself would want to receive!
- Packages should be sent out no later than September 5, 2011. Should there be any delays, please contact your P.E.P. partner immediately.
- Once you have received your package, take tons of photos to share with the rest of the group. You can email me your photos or links and they will be posted here. (This is optional but I think it would be fun to see what everyone got)
- This is open to EVERYONE! International participants are welcome!
- Lastly, help spread the word by grabbing a banner, tweeting or posting about P.E.P. on Facebook. There are also share buttons below this post.
Those who are interested in joining can sign-up in the form below: